Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March

Wow already March and tomorrow is the Day of Command, March fourth!

Lots of rain yesterday so the snow is melting fast. The brook is running full and there are two black ducks swimming in the little pond. I hope they decide to build a nest there and entertain us with ducklings.

I just finished reading The Rise of The Fourth Reich by Jim Marrs. It was an eyeopener and thanks to Gavin for recommending it to moi.

I had a pre-op appointment yesterday and the anaesthetist who interviewed me is also going to pick it up and read it. It is very enlightening.Here is an example. Did you ever wonder how that crap called Aspartame was approved by the FDA for human consumption? Can you say: Rumsfelt president of GD Searle and then in Reagan's cabinet.
Read the book!
Your blood will turn to ice.

On a more pleasant note.
I did manage to sell some of my surplus magazines and books at the Seat sale. But I still have lots to send off to new homes. No new sewing going on but the fabrics are still being cut up in squares and rectangles and strips.

I have been doing some piecing as well and I just love Masterpiece thread by Superior. It melts into the fabrics.

Norm and Dottie are visiting with us and now we are going to watch Flight of the Conchordes. We watched episode 1 and 2 last evening and roared at the antics. We have taken Roll call and we are all present to view it.

2 comments:

char said...

Fay is reading it now. it's on my list, but i've got other books i want to read first.

it's all about the money. and power.

char said...

did you know you can put your review of that book from goodreads in your blog? check it out!