Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Travelling the South Island

The trip was long and I didn't sleep any more than 3 seconds but we made it. Once we arrived in Christchurch, had along nap and felt refreshed.We stayed two nights with Brenda and Jon and met two of their critters. Ringo the rabbit and I believe the guinea pig is Jesus.
The jet lag hasn't seemed to affect me although I am writing this in the middle of the night.
It was really nice to meet my Christchurch relatives. Louise and Mike hosted all the family for a wonderful supper and Sheila was an honourary Anderson for the evening.



Top photo: Louise and Brenda
Middle: Sheila, Margaret and Bob
Bottom: Gwen , George and Bob



I am in Dunedin now and today will be exploring this city. The road trip here was spectacular and we saw lots of the mountains etc. we even ventured to the Mt John Observatory in Lake Tepako.


Very high and very windy. And what a road! I am sure it must have a website, it is run by the University of Canterbury in Christchurch and scientists worldwide come to look at the stars and heavens.

My camera battery died so I had to find the adapter pronto and charged it at Marg's friends during lunch in Timaru.

The weather is cool but nice for traveling and my hat and mittens are close by... my wool sweater has a few splats of the maple syrup but I am flicking it off and by the time we get to Wellington it may be all gone.

I miss Canadian news but I am not hearing any NZ news either!.

I will try to update tomorrow and then it may be a few days before I can do it again.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Loving hearing about your travels. Enjoy! I am wearing beanie and mittens here in Perth already so am sure you need them in NZ
Hugz,
Maureen

Norman, Normie, Norm, Nor said...

Hi Jane,
Will track your trip through your blog. We're only a week back from our 3 week family visit to Ireland.
Norm