Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cooking

The good night's sleep motivated me today I got a Corned Beef and cabbage dinner prepared for the crock-pot for our supper and Sheila made Curried Pumpkin and Mushroom Soup. We really enjoyed that for our lunch.
I did a laundry of dark things this morning and before I could get them on the line it was raining, so they hang in the laundry room. No electric dryer in this house!
It is sunny now but cooler than the past couple of days but I couldn't be bothered hanging them out because the sun disappears behind the hills about 3PM.

Tomorrow is Mom's birthday it is hard to think she is going to be 89. I'll be giving her a call to help celebrate, but I will do it on Monday here.

I attempted to fix my handle on my suitcase which was broken on the Transpacific flight but ended up taping it with duct tape so the handlers wouldn't be tempted to use it. And that will stop it from flapping when I am pulling it behind me. The rivet came loose from the frame, it must have happened because they pulled it too hard.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I see you girls are dining well at the house.I was to a quilt show out in Bridgeville United Church.Arlene MacGregor{X-guild member) organized it.I gave her 7 quilts plus wallhangings and table runners. I went this afternoon so I could take my quilts back so Arlene wouldn't have to. Bought a loaf of homemade brown bread. Delicious!!!!
Kevin proposed to Jennifer at the Melmerby this weekend,no plans.
Have you been to any quilt shops in your travels? It would be great if you could attend a quilt guild meetingor quilt show.
I noticed on Patti's note that Hughie had them over for supperone night. When he called Dave I had to ask what he served,susprising what these guys can do when the cook's away.
I have Wellington's weather on my msn page so I can compare our temp.I think summer is waiting until you get back to N.S. It is pretty much a no show so far.
Can't wait to see your pics and News of Nz> Love Kathy

Ed said...

hello birdbrain :)

char said...

when you fly back to cananda tell whoever you flew with that they damaged your bag and they will replace it. that's what my old boss in london told me - his wife worked for an airline. that's brutal.

sheila's soup sounds tasty. i'll take a pass on the corned beef. hehe.

Unknown said...

Ditto on the soup and corned beef ;-)

Happy belated b-day to Nana. What an amazing lady she is!