Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Resting

I am taking it easy today. Did a little wash and got the maple syrup sweater washed. the view from this home is lovely. It looks right over Wellington Harbour and you can see the ferries and freighters and every other kind of boat plying the waters.

The gardens around the house are beautiful and the winter flowers are blooming. I even have my sandals on instead of shoes, and this is winter?

I was going to try to post a few photos but I don't have the USB hookup to use for this pc and it doesn't have a spot for the memory card.
So that won't happen!
I think I have taken about 350 shots, some good some bad. Mostly scenery.

I am running out of adjectives to describe NZ . Wow, awesome, spectacular. stupendous don't seem to describe it all.

I had a nice chat with DH and all seems well in Dartmouth. Marg has called twice too to see how we are settling in. I think she is missing being the tour guide

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love hearing all of your news. We're heading to Hughie's for supper tonight. Curious how Claire will react when she finds out you are still on a plane. We miss you lots!!!

Love,
Patti

char said...

we got quite a few pics from marg. i wanted to see you riding the motorbike though!!

glad you're taking a day of rest and enjoying that country. you'll be amazed how different the north island is compared to the south. the south reminded me of the rockies and so anglo, whereas the north is much more lush (lots of milking cows!) with ferns and vegetation and of course, lots of volcanos!!

love you!

ps - i get to go to the NHL awards tomorrow night with work! i'll be on the hunt for sid the kid as we got an invite to the after party, too. ;o)