Saturday, September 10, 2011

Up and Away

I started this blog three years ago when I was traveling to New Zealand, and have sporadically contributed to it since.

Now I am going off into the wild blue yonder once again. Tomorrow I hop on Air Canada for Heathrow, Frankfurt and finally Rome.http://www.lonelyplanet.com/italy/rome.
A place I always wanted to see but didn't think it would happen in this lifetime.

I remember the film  Roman Holiday when I was a teen and of course the song Three Coins in a Fountain from the film of the same name, which I might add was made when I was a very young child! Everything was so exotic and historic and vibrant. Wow!
 I am so excited.

I will be visiting with family, my daughters in laws, and the TO family are there as well. Extra time to spend with a dear little dude.
We plan on the Amalfi Coast, visiting Sorrento and Positano, a trip to the villa, in the mountains and lots of Roman sites.

I am not even going to think about the amazing food and wines to savour. It will be such fun to sit at a piazza and people watch.

Keep posted, I really will try to keep up with the latest news.

1 comment:

char said...

yay! funny. i haven't checked your blog in ages. SO happy you are getting this opportunity. it's going to be great. don't forget your sunscreen. :o)))