Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pussy Willows and Christmas Cactus

 
This is Mom and Dad's Christmas Cactus in full blooom. I counted over 40 buds and blossoms. They have had it for over a year but it had not bloomed before.
Dad took it into the den and coddled it, putting it in the sunny window all winter, and probably talking to it too!.
I guess it worked.

We had a quick trip to visit them. I made a big pot of soup and for dessert we had Hot Cross Buns. All yummy!

This afternoon we took Mom out for a short drive looking for Pussy willows. we did see some but they were either on trees standing in water or snow. So we shall try again and get a bouquet of them.

I know a little pussy.
Her coat is soft and grey.
She lives down in the valley
not so very far away
She'll alwaya be a pussy.
She'll never be a cat...
'Cause she's a pussy willow.
Now what do you think of that!

Mom learned that when she was a little girl and I have also known it forever.
Another rerminder of spring.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ozjane said...

I have been trying ...without success to contact you to say you won my giveaway of a bag.
I need you to contact me and tell me your choice of colors, fabric etc.
ozjane@gmail.com

Ozjane said...

http://five-minutes-of-fame.blogspot.com/

Please contact me.

Ozjane said...

Please please please talk to me........sobs.
I have a winner for a giveaway. It is you.
But you have not contacted me.
I do not want to have to draw again.
If anyone who reads this has an email address for Pastiche could you please alert her.

Karen said...

Loved reading your post on the pussy willows, one of my favourite signs of spring.
Hope you got my email about checking your blog comments - I'm sure you will be thrilled to see you've won a prize!!
Karen