Thursday, April 1, 2010

April

Today is April Fool's day and all I did was sleep in until 1130. It was lovely.
G&G also slept in with me, they were probably tired from all the playing they do in the run of a day.

I started a Double Wedding Ring quilt last Saturday, I am taking a six-week course. It has been on my Bucket list for a long time. This one is done using John Flynn's instructions and is strip pieced so it isn't as arduous as the originals. I am using FQ's that I have saved for years, all 30's fabrics with a neutral background.
I cut out 207 slices for rings on Monday and Tuesday, that was after sewing six sets of strips to make them. That is a lot of sewing, I used the little Janome Gem and she just chugged along.
I want to use it for the whole process and then I know the 1/4 inch on the pieces will be consistent throughout.
Not always guaranteed if I switch to another machine. Besides it is easy to take to class.

And I have started quilting the whole-cloth Trapunto, and the Happy Birthday banner is ready to be quilted now. I may do it tonight so I can hang it up to honour two birthdays in April.

Easter weekend is supposed to be blessed with warm sunny weather, we shall see....

I think I'll take a lamb pot roast to Mom and Dads' for dinner. I got the recipe while in Wellington last year and it was soooo good. They will love it, I am sure.

2 comments:

ozjane said...

That pot roast sounds somewhat yummy

Potpourri said...

Boneless leg of lamb,about 4 1/2 lbs. remove some of the fat. 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup melted butter/ Poured over the lamb Some sprigs of rosemary and put in slow cooker for 7 - 8 hours.
Serve with Roasted vegetables.

It was a big hit and nice and easy. I started cooking it here, took it by car and plugged in in an couple of hours later for the rest of the cooking time.