Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dreary Day

Oh it is hard to believe it is October already, time sure flies when you are having fun!!!
Cloudy and overcast today but no rain, Hurricane...aka Tropical Storm Kyle didn't cause us too much grief when it arrived Sunday night. Most of the damage was in the South-West area of NS. Power outages etc.

Yesterday I peeled apples for pies and applesauce, all prepared and placed in the freezer. I had a tender shoulder after all that cutting, peeling and rolling pastry. So I iced it for a while. It is less cranky today.

Jake had to go to the vet for blood work too, he didn't enjoy that but soon forgot about it when he got a treat. The vet called today and all blood work results were within normal limits.

Today I managed to do Block#7 of the GPQ. I laid the pieces all out in the correct order on my Applique sheet and had the darndest time getting them transferred to the block base so they could be ironed down. Then I thought about using my rolling pin to move them intact, and it worked, just like transferring pastry to the pie plate.

I am eagerly anticipating the mail for my Anne pattern and two new quilting books I ordered from Judy Martin.

I also managed to get some pictures posted on my blog from my trip to NZ. They are fun to do but tricky so that I can get them placed in the right spot.

Margaret wrote me today from Murla, Spain. She is heading back to England today and should be airborne about now. Her reunion is this weekend. Then she will be heading back to New Zealand. Here she is getting ready for her helicopter flight over the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers.



And in less than two months Sheila will be back home, I imagine she will love to welcome another winter. She was very busy buckling up for her flight.

2 comments:

char said...

you'll be designing websites in no time.
yum, apple pie...
*slurp*

Susan J Barker said...

me too, for apple pie, that is! and thanks for coming by my blog, I love when people leave a comment for me!